The perfect way to truly experience Lake Wanaka. Two and a half hour Wanaka cruise, with beach landing and scenic walk.
- This is a wonderful Wanaka lake cruise to one of Skipper Davy’s favourite spots.
- Cruise via Ruby Island past the end of The Peninsula and Stevensons Island, then on up to the end of Stevensons Arm.
- Stevensons Arm is sheltered by surrounding mountains and accesses an isthmus which runs between The Peninsula and Mt Burke High Country Station. From here a short walk climbs to a viewing point with incredible views that you can’t get from Wanaka’s township.
- From the viewpoint you can see 30 km up to the north of Lake Wanaka and across to Mou Waho Island. You also have expansive views of the Minaret Peaks, Mt Gold, Mt Alta and the Buchanan Mountain Ranges.
- Stevensons Arm is also a great fishing spot and Davy is often happy to drop a line into the clear lake waters while guests enjoy refreshments and Trish’s famous home made muffins.
- Alternatively you can choose to stop off at Stevensons Island for a short island walk or choose to relax and soak up the sun on a sheltered beach cove. Some brave guests can even enjoy a lake swim in the summer months.
- Skipper Davy will happily mix in cruising, fishing & island stops to suit the cruise duration and weather conditions on the day.
2.5 hours. Trips run on demand from 7am, hourly through 5 pm. Call Davy to book your trip on Freephone (NZ only) 0800 555 700 or +64 27 232 2063